Machaela has already started her Christmas list and the first item is, you guessed it, The Clapper! When she was enthusiastically explaining how this "amazing invention" worked and how it is "only $19.95" I was thinking, "how is it that The Clapper is still around?" Do people actually buy things like that? The Clapper is one of those things that you buy for a gag gift, right? We all know the jingle, have fond memories of the low budget ads, but we don't actually own one. The Clapper is in the same class as the Chia Pet. Machaela also suggested that I buy for myself and Dad a medical alarm for emergencies. She, with strong conviction, explained that this would be very important to have in case we were home alone and fell and couldn't get up, like the elderly woman on the commercial. By this point it was hard to keep a straight face. She didn't have a clue that these commercials had been around for some time. She really believed that these "cool inventions" were the latest in technological advances. Well, if Christmas rolls around and she is still wanting The Clapper I will probably buy it for her. I don't think I could stand her disappointment in not getting it.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is TOO funny! You will HAVE To get her one if she still wants it.
I take offense to your assertion that the clapper is not a serious piece of equipment. Some of us have been happily clapping on and clapping off for years. I am glad to hear that this lapse of understanding is only generational though. Your children are apparently not as technologically challenged as their parents. :)
So heres the thing darla I think you and Jared are denying your real age. Machaela is right one the money with those medical alarms. ha!
There's a "As Seen on TV" store in Stonebriar. They have them in inventory. I know this because I laughed while explaining to Cody what they were!! The also have Chia Pets, Moving men, and ANY other item you might not want to wait 4-6 weeks for!
Post a Comment