It's late and I am finding that all of the poetic words that I have had simmering in my head for the past few days just aren't coming out as eloquently as I had hoped. Hopefully, in the few words that I will say here I will honor my own mother in the way I had originally hoped that I would.
My Mom is so many things and she has filled many roles over her lifetime. The more challenges I face with my own children the more thankful I become for the mother that she was and still is to me. I have lost count of how many times my friends have described my Mom as "a lady". I think that is probably the best compliment that someone could give a female and it sums my Mom up perfectly. She is a lady in the truest form.
My Mom and I are different in many ways, yet all that I have done "right" as a mother, every compliment I have received, I owe to her because after all she was my teacher. She showed me how to be a mother. This isn't something you can teach by going through a checklist of sorts, but rather this is something that should be lived out everyday in your home and that is exactly what my Mom did.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you.
Give her of the fruit of her hands,
And let her own works praise her in the gates.
Proverbs 31:31
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Mother's Day
Posted by darla at 10:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I agree 100%. You could not ask for a better mom. Thank you for all you are and continue to be. Love you Mom.
Jay
Post a Comment