Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fruit of the Spirit Tree

This week I was over at my friend's house and she told me about a radio program she heard that talked about teaching children about the Fruit of the Spirit and encouraging them to produce the fruit in their own lives and also watch for it in others. After searching on the internet I found several ways you could implement the lesson. Here is a picture of what I decided to do.

The fruit have sticky tack on the back.....if I see one of the kids showing a Fruit of the Spirit then I will acknowledge it and put the picture of that particular fruit on the tree and they can also do this for another family member if they see them showing a fruit of the Spirit. My goal is to have everyone focus on what they are "producing" each day and hopefully start seeing the good in others rather than the negative things.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great way to teach the lesson. Pretty creative! I'm sure my tree would not be full!

Anonymous said...

I really like that idea! Where did you find the tree and fruit to color in???

Stephanie H.

Anonymous said...

Here are the links to the templates I used....

http://www.antelope-ebooks.com/CCC/activities/colorfruit.html

www.abcteach.com/art/tree.pdf

Anonymous said...

That is a really great idea and this is something that we seem to really be lacking in right now. I think I am going to do this for my bunch as well. Great idea and thanks for sharing. Love you and thanks for your encouragement and prayers. Tell the kids thanks too and Dane appreciates it, but to keep praying for him.
Love,
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Hey, the full url didn't show up when you typed it in. Could you email it to me?
Jenn