Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of School

This Monday we started our school year. I welcomed this because the last few weeks of our summer have been nothing but fighting between the kids and a lot of, "Mom, I am SO bored!"

The girls are starting Fourth Grade and they are excited about all the new things they will be learning this year.
This year I am also teaching a preschool curriculum, three days a week to Benjamin. The first day for Ben wasn't all I had hoped it would be and frankly, it left me a little concerned with how this year was going to go. He argued with me about everything. Letter "A" wasn't letter "A", but rather "Y", he insisted. My picture of an alligator wasn't an alligator, it was a crocodile, which totally defeated my purpose in teaching the letter "A" and words that begin with "A". The only thing he really didn't argue about was the glue stick he used while making his craft. My brain was quickly pointing out the male traits I was seeing in his "you can't convince me I am wrong" attitude, but I will refrain from going into that as I can only imagine the rebuttals I would get from my male readers. (I learned my lesson from the last time I made a joke about men.)Wednesday went much better and I heard not one argument from him, but again his favorite part was getting to use the glue stick and then safely tucking it in his pocket when he was done. Here is a picture of my three on the first day of school......




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your "A" looked like a "Y" and maybe you should use an ant instead of an alligator/crocodile when teaching about the letter "A". How about a little more thoughtful consideration when dealing with man's superior intelligence?

Still too many tones of negativity towards the male gender.
Love you, mean it,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

I understand completely where you are coming from! Kevin is full of it, but you know that well. About the same amount full of it as Jared. Good luck this school year and my hat is always off to you.

Love you,
Jenn

darla said...

Kevin,

Since I am no match for your wit, I will refrain from a verbal match, but I will take the advice from a very wise woman....

"You must be patient with those that are less intelligent than you."

Do I have too much negativity towards the male gender? I think not. Though maybe Jared's sarcasm is rubbing off on me or maybe a little bit of your's is still lingering from the family reunion. :)

Love you! (and I do truly mean that since you are married to one of my favorite cousins!)

Jenn,

As always, I am praying for you! ha ha!!

Oh, and I love you too!!

Carol said...

OK, all I can see is the pictures! The text is all symbols and signs. Obviously other people have read it though. I wonder what's up?

machaela said...

most people may think it's not for their family,but the first day of school can be a hoot for the page family!

machaela said...

ben was REALLY heavy!