This Thanksgiving it will be 5 years since Jared and I moved into our house. It being our first house we had grand plans for updating the home to reflect our taste. Five years later we are still working on it, but are getting closer to being finished, if there is such a thing when you own a home. Before we moved into the house we had 2 1/2 weeks that it was unoccupied so we were able to go in and do some of the major work, like removing the wallpaper, texturing the walls and painting. It was a lot of work and many late nights, but we got so much done because we had so many people helping us. Jared and I are very blessed to have a loving family that have always been willing to help us when we have a need. Each year, as Thanksgiving approaches, I think of the time and energy our family gave to us during those two and a half weeks and I feel so blessed. They stripped wallpaper, painted walls, painted cabinets, ran errands for us, babysat the girls and helped us move and unpack boxes. Jared's grandfather, who was 83 at the time and here visiting for the holiday, came and helped us. Jared's sisters gave up their week off from school to help us. Jayson came over after work, my Mom and Mother-In-Law provided free babysitting and painted, my Dad who was working out of town at the time came in over the weekend and helped move boxes and unpack and Jared's father painted.....a lot, and has since been helping us with the wood floors. The amazing thing is that I don't ever remember asking for their help! That is how blessed we are. They called us and said they wanted to help. I am thankful for our family that love us and care for us and through the years have given to us in so many ways that I can not possibly recount them all. So to our family....thank you, thank you, thank you! We love you! And to the Lord, thank you for blessing us with our family.
During the past five years we have also been blessed to have added three more to the family. Jayson's wife, Bev, and their two kids, Taylor and Natalie.
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
I Am Thankful For My Family
Posted by darla at 10:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very sweet post. the sister on the right looks JUST like jared!
Boy, I haven't seen alot of those faces in a long, long time. Great to see some familiar peeps and that everyone looks great! Hope all are blessed!
Tom
Post a Comment