Saturday, April 12, 2008

Like, it's the New Kids!



Okay, so I know that the men who read my blog are going to give me a hard time about this post. My husband will be leading the attack, but the ladies will enjoy it I think. I am sure you have seen that The New Kids On The Block are getting back together. In the late 80s every girl between 11 and 18 loved them and had a major crush on at least one of these guys. I saw them on the Today Show when they announced their reunion and I have to say that while you won't find me hopping on a party bus for their next tour stop and screaming and clawing at them like the ladies in the audience did, I am happy to see that they are back together. Watching some of their old videos brings back fond memories of my teased bangs and peg-rolled jeans. Back in those days the most pressing thing I had to do was take the "Which New Kid are you most compatible with?" quiz in the Teen Bop magazine. I worried over the fact that I may not be compatible with Jonathan because he was the one I liked the most. Anyways, if any of you girls are interested in going to one of their concerts I may be able to be convinced. Just give me enough notice so I can start making my "I love Jonathan 4ever!" poster.

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I am so there with you!!! It's a good thing you didn't have a thing for Joey though - we would have to fight over him!

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
headlesschickie said...

I liked whichever one is in the back right hand side of that picture. I saw Joey on the today show too, and for the first time (he's been around here and there) I thought, "How pathetic, he looks really old!" But more power to them if they can still make money and have fun doing it. I thought I heard that they tried it once before and only one person showed up. Guess it was a joke.

machaela said...

who are these guys?!?

Hannah said...

Your a traitor to your own household!!!!