Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More Vacation News

Day seven of our vacation and the tears have already started to flow as the kids have realized we only have one more full day at Nana and Pepaw's house. We have enjoyed the last couple of days. We have been to downtown Chicago twice, visiting the Field Museum, the Shedd Aquarium, Lake Michigan and of course eating Chicago-style pizza. On Monday we also surprised the girls with a visit to the American Girl store.

Chicagoians have been a lot more friendly than I had thought they would be. Being Northerners, they usually get a bad rap from us Southerners. Though I will say they are more frank in their speech than Southerners. Ben took a que from them on Sunday when we were at church. He was playing with a little boy in the children's playarea and he called him his "hot chocolate brother". (hot chocolate meaning brown and brother meaning boy) Luckily, the boy didn't understand what he was talking about and his parents didn't hear. I don't think they would have understood that Ben has his own language that has to be interpreted most of the time. They need to invent some kind of speech filter for children, I would definitely purchase one of those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That homemade vanilla nephew is too funny! Glad you guys have had fun. It has been hot down here. Have a safe trip home.

Carol said...

too funny! I'm cracking up at the hot chocolate, and the vanilla reply!