Monday, September 1, 2008

Fashion Faux Pas

So now that Labor Day has come, I am curious as to how many people actually follow the fashion rule, "no white after Labor Day." I am of the opinion that this rule is outdated. Though I will say I am no fan of white dress shoes after Labor Day, I think other white clothing should be acceptable. This year I heard a new phrase, "no black after Easter". Now that's just crazy! Not being able to wear black after Easter would eliminate 75% of my wardrobe.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a guy, this does not apply to me. Any guy that think this does apply to him deserves to have his manhood questioned. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I wore a white skirt and blouse this evening for meet the teacher. I think this rule is rather outdated as well. If I said no more black after Easter, I'm like you....I wouldn't have much to wear. I am trying to add more color to my wardrobe! Hope you are all doing well. Love you and miss you. Tell all hi and we send our love.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

I agree with the no white shoes after labor Day but to me black & white clothes are just a staple to a woman's wardrobe a must have for all seasons. I was looking at a fashion magazine the other day and most of the clothes in there I would not spend my money on. Of course I'm no fashion expert but I know what I like.

Love Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm not a fan of white shoes either,but as for as other clothing
you can get past no white after Labor Day by calling it winter white.
Love,
Mom

machaela said...

okay,what are you guys talking about??