Our Small Group finished Humility, True Greatness last night and I realized that I haven't been keeping up with posting my favorite quotes. Here is a final entry of my favorites from the book......
"There are two things that are suited to humble the souls of men....A due consideration of God, and then of ourselves. Of God, in his greatness, glory , holiness, power, majesty and authority; of ourselves, in our mean, abject and sinful condition." (John Owen, quoted on page 92)
"I believe in the doctrine of election, because I am quite certain that, if God had not chosen me, I should never have chosen Him; and I am sure He chose me before I was born, or else He never would have chosen me afterwards; and He must have elected me for reasons unknown to me, for I never could find any reason in myself why He should have looked upon me with special love." (Charles Spurgeon, quoted on page 103)
"Mere knowledge of scripture is not the pinnacle; it's only the prelude to active obedience, and that's all that ultimately counts." (C.J. Mahaney, page 131)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Favorite Quotes - Chapters 7 thru 12
Posted by darla at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment