I hope you all are in the Christmas spirit.....I am not yet, but that may be due to my tree still being in the attic! Maybe sometime this week we can get it set up. I like having a tree, I just really hate putting it together and getting the lights on. I have been able to get the rest of the house decorated though.....garland, Santas, reindeer, wreaths, etc. so that has helped my mood a little bit.
The boys have really enjoyed playing with their Fisher Price Nativity this year. In fact, Benjamin has his own version of what happened in the manger. According to Ben the animals turn on the Wise Men and attack them. I came in on this carnage a few days ago just as the Wise Men were screaming, "Baby Jesus, save us!"
I am finding that boys really do have their own way of looking at things, even Bible stories. Today Benjamin (just in his underwear) decided to use a marker to put dots all over his body. His explanation........"they are his buttons and each button does something". Curious, I pointed at several buttons and asked what they did. Most buttons make interesting noises and set off flashing lights, there is one that even helps him fly and another that causes him to kick people, but there is one that I found very interesting. On his arm there is a button that releases a shark to come out and eat the disciples of Jesus! Is nothing sacred to little boys?
Monday, December 15, 2008
Peace On Earth, Goodwill Towards Men
Posted by darla at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OK - Jeff and I read this and we were both about to choke from laughing so hard! I can SO see Benjamin doing all of this! Thanks for providing a good laugh at the end of the day!
Laura
I enjoyed your comments, especially Ben's vivid imagination about the dots on his body and what each one could do.
I guess most little boys dream about being Superman. His ideas about the Nativity were pretty cute too. You must never have a dull moment at your house.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment