I have been putting off a new post because I have been waiting for something post-worthy to happen, but I have no milestones, no cute pictures, no cute sayings, not even an amazing accomplishment from my kids that I can brag about. So I have decided to bore you with the mundane details of this past week!
Well, first of all we had another sick child. This was not a surprise because, apparently, despite all my efforts to keep the children from spreading germs, if one gets sick eventually all of them will get it. This time it was Hannah, who got it from Ben or Jacob, who knows because both of the boys were sick virtually at the same time. Because of her illness we missed out on two days of school, but managed to get one big reading project finished. The girls are studying the Ancient Greeks right now in History so we have been reading an adaptation of the Iliad. It took us about four weeks to finish the book, though it wouldn't have taken so long if the boys didn't have a knack for causing trouble during our reading time. I am so glad that the book is finished, though now we are on to the Odyssey.
I have started some preschool work with Benjamin. He is really enjoying reading together and learning his shapes, colors, letters and numbers. Learning his shapes are by far his favorite since we do this with Play-doh and cookie cutters. At church he promoted to the two year old Sunday School class. He is having a tough time adjusting to the idea of having to sit still for a lesson, but I am hoping that he will catch on fast. He is the only one in the class that is having trouble with the adjustment so I usually end up having to go into the class to either sit with him because he is upset or discipline him because he is throwing a tantrum. He just can't make it easy on me!
Jared and I are going to have a garage sale on Saturday. It is our first so we have a lot of stuff to get rid of. It feels good though. Purging is a good thing! We definitely need the extra space and it doesn't hurt that we will make a little money too. Hopefully, we will get a good turnout. The city that we live in does not allow you to put out garage sale signs so we will be advertising online and in the paper. We shall see how that goes!
Well, I have bored you enough. I best sign off. I know that it is late because I hear Jared and Hogan snoring down the hall. For your sake I hope that something exciting happens before my next post!
Sunday, September 23, 2007
I've Got Nuthin'
Posted by darla at 9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I don't know, you could post about the many travails of being a nursery coordinator. How people just completely forget that they have nursery duty even though you email and call to remind them. And it's in the bulletin. And they should have written it on their calendars with the original email spread sheet...
I AM SOOOO SORRY! I swear, with my nursery volunteer shenanigans you see my very flaky side that I try so hard to deal with!
And you don't got nuthin'. I would say finishing the Iliad with two elementary school girls is somethin' else!! Ambitious!
Also, can't wait to hear how the garage sale went!
Your "nothing" sounds like a whole lot more excitement than most people's "something."
Alas, most of our lives are spent filling the days with events that seem less than thrilling. They certainly aren't the kinds of things that we would want to write about. But it is in those moments, the everyday nothings, that we truly live.
I know I'm waxing poetic, but a life lived skipping from one exciting event to the next would really miss out on the meat of life. Those special moments are a great dessert, but I for one am just as excited to hear about the meat and potatoes. Keep the good words coming. And tell your hubby that I said "hi and I miss seeing him." We need to plan a time when you guys can get together with Cathy and Brian when we are in town. Would be good to see you.
BTW, I also think it's funny that you said "It must be getting late" in a post that was made at 9:48 in the evening. You guys must be getting old. :)
Tom, I started the post at 9:48, but got up a couple of times to deal with other things so I actually finished it closer to 11:00. That still may be early for you. Jared falls asleep on the couch every night about 9:30, then moves to the bedroom later on and I usually stay up until 11 or 12. I am a night owl. So I am not so old yet. Definitely let's get together next time you and Christy come up.
I gotcha. Our house is about the same. I put the girls to bed about 10 every night and that's when I start in on my homework. I'm usually in bed by 12:30 or so.
I'll talk to Cathy and see when we can all get together some time this fall.
I'm trying like a madman to get Cathy and all you guys onto Facebook. I dig blogging, but I like Facebook alot more. Michelle is on MySpace, but I really don't like MySpace. I killed my account this week because I was sick of all the advertising. One of these days, somebody (other than me) will tell Cathy that she needs to do it and the light will go off in her head.
Until then, I'll keep checking you guys' blogs for messages...
I am so excited about your garage sale. What time are you opening the doors? Will you turn me away if I am too early???:) You know I am a garage sale FREAK! Our neighborhood is having a big one this weekend too and I am just giddy about it:) I will see if Michelle wants to trot on over to your sale with me. Fun, Fun, Fun!
Ok so , That sounds like an eventful week! I just wish I could be there to enjoy the little things with you ! I am so proud of the girls in the school stuff and I am so proud of Ben starting the preschool stuff! Man I have some pretty smart nieces and nephews ! I mean doesn't it mean that if you cut your first tooth on top that you are going to be a genious! Thats what I think !
Darla you are AMAZING ! I love you and Jared so much ! I can't wait to see ya'll! Amanda and I come to Texas in 43 days ! And the count down begins !
Post a Comment