Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Our Holiday Weekend

Our weekend got off to a bleak start. We had been invited to a birthday party on Friday night. The kids were really excited because the party was a barnyard theme and for entertainment they were having a petting zoo. The kids really enjoyed themselves, but halfway through the party Machaela fell out of a bar chair and hit her head on the edge of a table and cut her head. We had to take her to the ER and have 3 staples put in! The ER doctor applied some numbing medicine to the cut, but she still felt most of the pain when they put the staples in. This is something I never want one of my kids to ever experience again. It was horrible, but she is doing well now and she says that she can hardly feel them. Another positive thing is that the cut is on the back of her head so if she is left with a scar it will be covered up by her hair. I have posted a slide show of some pictures we took at the party and at the ER. The pictures from the ER are before the staples were put in, that is why she looks so happy!


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Wow - that is a lot of bandages on her sweet little head. Poor thing! - and poor Mommy. I feel for you. I am glad she is ok.

Carol said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea when I saw you Sunday. My head is starting to ache...Give my love.

Lin said...

hope she's feeling better. the mummy pics were pretty cute though.

headlesschickie said...

Poor baby!! I'm so glad everything worked out okay!