Friday, September 14, 2007

When It Rains, It Pours

Last Saturday night I shut my finger in the van door. OUCH! It hurt a lot for the first few days, then it turned into a throb and now it is a tingle, but not just my finger, it is my whole hand. I had an appointment yesterday with my doctor for another issue so I decided to go ahead and get my finger checked out. It was a good thing I did. The swelling and tingling that I thought was just from the trauma to my finger ended up being an infection. Machaela got her staples taken out earlier this week and Jacob finally cut his first tooth after several weeks of fever and fussiness. Add to that a trip to the ER last night with Jacob for Croup, a sleep deprived Mom, two energetic girls, a toddler on a quest to test my patience, a house that looks like it had a tornado go through it and you have an idea of why I am so cranky today!

On a lighter note.....I was in Learning Express this week and saw a cute gift idea for kids. It reminds me of the Chia Pet, which is funny since I mentioned that in a previous blog. This is really cute though. It is called "Grow A Head". They also have "Grow A Pet", which are cuter than the heads. If you don't have a Learning Express nearby you can order from the "Grow A Head" website. www.grow-a-head.com



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have had such a rough week. How did you get an infection in your hand?

Carol said...

I'm so glad you ended up going to the doctor! No wonder the pain was lasting so long. Hope you are on the mend...and next week is better!!

Cathy said...

I feel for you. I am just getting over the stomach flu. When Mama has a hard week, everybody has a hard week - at least in our house!

headlesschickie said...

Awww, Darla! I didn't even notice on Thursday night WIC thing, and really couldn't tell on Sunday morning that you had been through the ringer!

I am so thankful you had that finger checked out. So many times Moms just brush it off because it's too much to make the appt. and get there etc. How wonderful that your finger/hand won't fall off now! cuz' it would be really hard to parent 4 kids with one hand. And even harder to clean up the house!!