Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ben's Checkup

Benjamin did really well at the dentist today. The dentist evaluated his healing and opted not to take the stint off today because his upper gums are still too swollen to attempt it. We have another appointment in one week and he will reevaluate how he has healed and possibly take the stint off that day. He couldn't give us any indication as to whether he will keep his tooth/teeth because it is a wait and see situation, but Jared and I both feel peace that Benjamin is in the Lord's care. Please continue to lift Benjamin up in prayer and also please pray for the appointment next Thursday, that the dentist would have wisdom in whether or not to attempt to remove the stint.

I think Benjamin is now understanding why he is getting all this attention. When we walked into the dentist office we were immediately greeted by half the office staff because they were all eager to see his progress. When they asked him to smile, so they could see his teeth, he announced to the entire lobby that he had fallen into a chair and hurt himself. After his audience dispersed he pointed me to the chair he had picked out for me and brought me my reading material, The Economist. Apparently, this is the most boring magazine in publication, but I pretended to be interested for his sake. To keep himself busy during the 45 minute wait, Ben filled in squares in my Sudoku puzzle and applied several coats of lip gloss. I tried to persuade him not to do this since he was attracting the giggles of everyone in the lobby, but he felt no shame in it and it kept him busy so I decided to let him go for it! I will keep you posted as we find out more from the dentist. Thanks again for your prayers!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

How is the rest of Ben doing? Are his lips and nose healing? I am glad that the Lord has given you a peace about the situation. we will continue praying for his recovery and your sanity!!

headlesschickie said...

Yikes, 45 minutes? With a toddler boy? God bless you! And just to find out they weren't going to do anything that day. eeesh.

darla said...

Cathy,

Ben lip and nose have healed really fast. The swelling on these areas are gone, but he does have a nasty bruise along the side of his nose and into the corner of his eye. I can already tell though that it is healing fast. It is amazing how fast their bodies heal.

Tom Barnard said...

We are praying for him out here too. Hope that you guys have at least a few minutes of peace and quiet over the holidays to relax.

I totally here you on the Economist too. I finished a high-level economics class a couple months ago and I thought I was going to have to kill myself. Ended up with an 'A', but it wasn't easy or fun. Yick.

Tom

Lin said...

i'm so sorry to hear about ben. how scary! i'll be praying for his recovery. hang in there!

Anonymous said...

My good buddy Ben is strong and resilient. This is deja vu. I remember when he did basicly the same thing in Plainview. But he healed up completely.

Darla you are without a doubt a great mom. You know that I think you are absolutely FANTABULOUS!

Love you lots.

Garry