Monday, December 10, 2007

Do I Have to Have a Title?

When posting, you know you are in bad shape when you can't even think of a title! I should have posted last night when I was lying in bed, fully awake, contemplating how loud our dog breathes when he is asleep. It was midnight and because I took a Sunday afternoon nap, I was wide awake. (I couldn't resist the nap though, it was cold and rainy and those are the perfect conditions for a nap.)Last night I had all these ideas on how to intro my post, but I am at a loss this morning.

It has been a busy last few days for us. Last week we started back to school after taking a week off for Thanksgiving and taking another week for review work. I had plans for us to hit the ground running with our lessons this past week, but Thursday morning Benjamin had an accident so we lost the last two days of our week. Benjamin has had several accidents, but this one was by far the worse. Thursday morning he was pushing one of our bar stools around, it tipped over and he fell face first into the legs of the stool. He busted his nose, lip, tore up his upper gums and broke a tooth. The tooth is broken inside the gums, so his root is still in place. Our pediatric dentist put a stint across the broken tooth and the two strong teeth on either side. The possible outcomes are that the gum will heal and tighten around the broken tooth which will still be slightly loose, but stay in until it is time to lose it, or the stint could come off and he lose the tooth anyways. There is also the possibility of his broken tooth turning black, discoloring or having several teeth discolor because of the impact. Benjamin is a tough boy and he has dealt with his pain very well. He had to endure having the stint put in without any pain medication, but he never cried, he just laid there and let them do it! He is on antibiotics to stem off infection and Motrin for the pain. We have a pediatric dental assistant that goes to church with us and she commented that this is the worst she has ever seen! That didn't make me feel any better. Please lift Benjamin up in prayer, pray that God would heal him completely and that His perfect will would be done for Ben. Also, please pray for wisdom to be given to the dentist and that Jared and I would have wisdom when it comes time to make decisions. I will keep all of you posted on his recovery.

On a lighter note, the girls spent the night with Jared's parents on Saturday night and went to church with them on Sunday morning. They had a great time and came home with tales of movie marathons and sugar highs. That is the great thing about going to your grandparent's house.....you get to do all the things you can't do at home!

I am hoping that his week will be smooth for us. After the stress of the last few days I am ready for an easy week. This week we have our last art class before Christmas break so I may have new art to post and we have our last ice skating lesson for this semester followed by a end of the semester party. Ben has an appointment on Wednesday to see the dentist. I don't think anything significant will happen at this appointment, it will just be a chance for the dentist to look at how things are healing. Hopefully, we can get our tree up. That is the last thing we have left to do on our decorating. This is my least favorite part of decorating for Christmas so it always ends up being the last thing and as always it gets postponed when more important things come up. Jared is in charge of lights for the tree and since he grew up with multi-colored lights he insists on having them instead of "boring white lights". (His words, not mine.) I grew up with white lights and think they are much more tasteful with the ornaments I have, but he won out on this one since he pretty much doesn't get to do any decorating in our house. This year he decided to not only put on multi-colored lights, but add in several strings of different styles of bulbs. It will be interesting to say the least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough little Ben. You gotta hand it to him, he doesn't do anything easy. We will definitely be praying.

Better late than never on the Christmas tree!

Cathy said...

Poor little guy. I am glad that he is ok. We will be praying for him and you.