Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pictures

In August, Jared and I took the kids to a history museum. I forgot to post pictures of our visit, but thought I would post these two pictures of the girls. The museum offers clothes for the kids to dress in so that they can get an idea of how children in the late 1800s would have dressed. I thought the girls looked cute. If you scroll down further I have posted pictures from our visit to the fire station today.



Today we visited the fire station and watched the program the firefighters put on for "Fire Prevention Month". The kids were very excited and I had tried to really build up the anticipation for Ben. I even checked out a book about firefighters at the library. He was so excited, but when we walked in for the fire prevention skit, he froze. The firefighters were dressed up like clowns, which thanks to a ubber scary Scooby-Doo cartoon that portrayed clowns as evil, he no longer likes clowns. So my plans for the perfect photo op turned into taking pictures of a little boy that was not thrilled with being at the fire station. As you can see from the pictures, Ben and Jacob hid behind the stroller during the skit and when it was time to tour the engines, Ben didn't perk up a bit. Jacob loved the fire trucks though and was amazed at the size of the tires (his exact words were, "oh, cool!") and Machaela and Hannah had fun quizzing the firemen about their equipment. Here are a couple of pictures from our day.....








1 comments:

machaela said...

okay,thanks alot scooby doo!